Other Sod Varieties
Synthetic grass – better known as artificial turf or Astroturf – is an evergreen solution to high traffic, uncooperative weather, or cost concerns that prevent natural grass from being used.
Call us for superior-quality artificial grass for your home or commercial site:
- Looks natural
- Beautifully evergreen
- Environmentally friendly
- No more maintenance expenses!
We can provide samples for you to touch and feel – to help you visualize your new artificial lawn for different needs:
- Yards and playgrounds
- Dog runs
- Golf courses, putting greens, driving ranges
- Athletic fields
Get the Best Choice of Sod for Your Yard, call us at 407-378-5366
Centipede grass is a dense grass native to southeast Asia that is well-adapted to Florida heat and soil. It is slow-growing but very easy to take care of.
Characteristics of Centipede grass:
- Light green color
- Medium-coarse texture
- Does well in infertile soils
- Fair shade tolerance
- Goes dormant in drought
- Susceptible to dollar spots, fairy rings, root rot, and large patch
- Not for high-traffic areas or near the beach
- Ultra-low maintenance – which is why it’s so popular
Bahia varieties are known for their ability to grow in infertile soils and with little water. Bahia is a low-maintenance variety used primarily for erosion control, municipalities, and right-of-ways.
- Once established, Bahia can live off rainwater alone
- Requires very little fertilization and pest control – two applications of weed and feed a year may be all it needs
- Susceptible to weeds and bare spots
If you want a lawn that looks green and full from the street, this lawn is for you. Do not mow Bahia at low levels, as this reduces its natural tolerance to drought, heat and insects.
Celebration is a beautiful, dark green variety of Bermuda grass. Celebration is an excellent choice for high-traffic areas where you want the durability of Bahia but don’t want all the problems with weeds and bare spots.
- Tough and naturally drought-resistant
- Does best maintained with a reel mower
- Mowing height should be no more than 1.5”
In the heavy growing season, you may have to mow more than once per week.
Tifway 419 is a Bermuda variety that is excellent for high-traffic areas, especially sports turf and golf courses.
It has strength and excellent wear tolerance. 419 is best maintained at 1”-1.5”. Sometimes, you may find it necessary to mow two to three times per week.
Schedule a Consultation for Your Lawn Today, call 407-378-5366
or fill out our contact form