Whether you have a restaurant, apartment complex, commercial building, or private home in Orlando, a healthy green lawn is more appealing to your guests, tenants, neighbors, and customers. A simple sod installation can add thousands of dollars to your property value and boost revenue.
Here’s how we can help you get the perfect, long-lasting lawn for your residential or commercial property.
- We will help you choose the right types of sod. Sod installation makes up approximately 75% of our revenue each year. We are very experienced in recommending the appropriate turf type based on your ability to care for the turf as well as other conditions on your property, such as irrigation and sunlight. Choosing from all the different types of sod may seem like a daunting way to begin your new sod installation, but we promise to make it as easy as possible.
- We prep thoroughly before sod installation. We ensure all weeds and existing turf are thoroughly killed off before removal. Certain grasses, such as Bermuda and Torpedo, will inevitably return within a few weeks if the preparation isn’t done properly. We use tracked grading equipment, providing professionally graded lawns and properties that are immaculately cleared and leveled prior to your new sod installation.
- We provide complete irrigation analysis. New sod can’t survive without proper water. We thoroughly inspect your irrigation system and provide suggestions to get optimum coverage. We also assist you with the initial setting of the timer and provide you a detailed set of instructions to properly care for your new sod.
- We work with a network of businesses in the area. We have years of experience with turf maintenance for individuals and companies in most areas of Central Florida, thus we are comfortable in providing references upon completion. This can help with the longevity of your new lawn.
- We offer an optional 30-day warranty. We provide a detailed set of post-installation care instructions*. We also treat sod after it’s installed. Once we have completed the sod installation, we are able to provide fertilizer, herbicide, and pesticide treatments, ensuring the lawn we just installed is able to have success for years to come.
*All warranty and after-care instructions are unique to each client’s property as soil, irrigation layout, and season play a big part in the setting of an irrigation timer. Instructions on this website are for informational purposes only, and all applicable instructions will be provided on each proposal and invoice given to each specific client.
Sod removal, delivery, and installation experts!
When it comes to sod removal, sod delivery and sod installation, we are experts in our field. Sod removal is not an easy task and it requires you to have the proper removal tools as well as muscle to get it done. We have an excellent team with a lot of experience for your sod project. The first thing we do is put Round up on the old sod to kill what is there. This can take between 2 to 3 applications before it is ready for us to remove it. After it is dead, it will require you to do a lot of heavy lifting as grass and dirt can be very heavy, so it is not an easy job. If you do not have the proper tools, then it may not be removed properly which will make the installation of your new sod more difficult. If there are any holes or inconsistent areas, we will fill this in to ensure it is properly graded and ready for the new sod.
Once the sod has been removed we will take measurements and discuss which type of sod would work best for your lawn. There are a plethora of different types of sod out there ranging from those which will require a lot of maintenance to those who will require very little maintenance. Learn more about the different types of sod available in Central Florida by clicking . Before we install the new sod, we can also discuss how an irrigation system can aid you in ensuring your new lawn is receiving the right amount of water to thrive.
After you have chosen the type of sod which will work best for you, we will cut the sod fresh the day we deliver it, so you do not have to worry about getting dried out and dead sod. The fresher the sod, the better it will be able to take root and thrive in your yard. We offer a 30-day warranty on the sod we deliver and install, so you can feel confident that you will be receiving the highest quality sod.
We have established relationships with residents, homeowner’s associations, apartment and condo organizations, industrial real estate, and business leaders in construction. We do not require a single down payment until once the work is completed and you are happy with the results. For those of our customers who are interested in financing, we offer special 12-month financing.
We periodically offer seasonal discounts and giveaways which you will have access to by subscribing to our newsletter. You can subscribe to our newsletter by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and entering your email address on the bottom left.
So, if you want to remove the old sod and replace it with the new, then contact us today at Ground Source.