Zoysia Sod Varieties
Empire is a dense, vibrantly blue-green variety of Zoysia grass that does great in the Florida heat.
Characteristics of Empire Zoysia:
- Vibrant blue-green color
- Thrives in sandy soil or clay
- Very soft feel
- Medium blade
- Does better in direct sun than shade
- Great wear tolerance
- Chinch bug-resistant but may get patch disease
- Can be mowed with a standard rotary mower
This is a popular cultivar in Florida. Ground Source is your source for the freshest and healthiest Empire Zoysia in Central Florida.
JaMur Zoysia grass is a high-performing grass that does well in sports fields and other ultra-high traffic areas.
Characteristics of JaMur Zoysia:
- Inviting blue-green color
- Coarse texture
- Weed- and drought-resistant
- Does well in moderate shade
Mow with a rotary mower at 1-inch to 2-inches.